Furniture Delivery Policy
Where we deliver to:
Our normal service area for larger items is as follows:
- Northern California up to Grass Valley
- As far east as Penryn
- As far south as Stockton (I-5 corridor between Elk Grove and Manteca)
We will be increasing standard service area in the very near future. For delivery locations outside of this area, please contact us for delivery options.
Outbound delivery charge: Flat rate of $29.95 and up. What this means: buy an ottoman, pay $29.95 for shipping to a local area. Buy an ottoman, a dining set, and a bedroom set, still pay only $29.95 for shipping all of those items at one time to a location within our local area.
Outbound delivery and setup service: We do not offer setup service at the flat shipping rate during the beginning stages of our ecommerce business. Our physical stores handle the setup services for local area deliveries, so please contact the physical stores directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 728-5101 for any questions regarding setup service.
For shipping damages, errors, or missing pieces:
- All claims of shipping damage, defects, missing pieces, or incorrectly shipped merchandise must be notified to and received by Andrew’s Furniture in writing (email suffices) within 48 hours from the time the buyer received the merchandise. For deliveries by 3rd party couriers: when you sign for delivery, even if the package appears only slightly damaged, please write on the delivery paperwork “Package Damaged” along with a short description of the package damage. If the package delivered by third-party courier service looks significantly damaged, you may refuse delivery. In this case, please notify us within 24 hours so that we can expect the return shipment. We will send you a new one right away once we receive the damaged package.
- If incorrect merchandise is received, do not assemble or use the merchandise. Doing so will void exchange.
- If the delivery is made using our own company trucks, our driver will open the damaged package in your presence to determine condition of items inside.
- We usually only have up to a 48-hour window to file freight claims with third-party carriers. If we cannot replace the parts, our carrier will pick up the original package and we will send you a full replacement.
- If you decide you do not want parts or a replacement unit, you can return the item under our return policy.
- If you received a damaged product or the wrong product and we cannot solve the issue with either a full replacement or replacement parts, we will issue a full refund of total purchase price.
Live around the Sacramento, CA area?
If you wish to pickup the furniture yourself from our stores in Sacramento, CA, you are welcome to do so. Outbound freight costs are eliminated when customers come to our stores and do their own pickup. Please call us at (916) 728-5101 for inquiries on customer pick-up arrangements.
Who will deliver your furniture?
Because we have physical stores and a warehouse in Sacramento, CA, we are able to utilize our own company trucks and trusted partners for delivery of furniture to your home.
When will you receive your furniture?
Short answer: same day to 6 weeks. Call us to get a better time estimate.
Long answer: some items we sell online are stocked at our own warehouse. Schedule permitting, we can ship out items stocked at our own warehouse the same day, Sunday’s included. For example, if you submit an order online on Saturday afternoon with a delivery location en route to other stops that our company truck will be making, you might be able to receive your furniture as soon as the following Sunday morning. More common timetable is about 1 to 3 weeks. Deliveries to outside of major metropolitan areas may take longer.
What to expect when receiving delivery:
A box truck or pickup truck will arrive at the residence, and the driver will greet the receiver. Receiver must be 18 years or older. Items will arrive un-assembled in manufacturers’ original packaging, unless otherwise specified. Customer is responsible for disposal of packaging material unless otherwise specified beforehand. When items have been unloaded off the truck, the items will be brought to the first dry ground-level entryway of the residence. However, our drivers may be able to move the items into your ground-level room of choice at no additional cost to you so long as somebody there can help him move items inside. We instruct our drivers to help in this manner as a courtesy to you. If there is nobody there to help him, then the driver will not perform this service. We are not responsible for any damages to your real or personal property. Please have walkway and room cleared of obstacles before our driver is to help you move furniture into the room.
Setup and assembly service is available for most items for a small fee, but setup service must be coordinated with our physical stores in Sacramento. Email email@example.com or call (916) 728-5101 to inquire about setup service. This setup and assembly service includes delivery of furniture to a room of choice up to a maximum of 2 flights of stairs, assembly of furniture, and removal of packaging materials. Please have walkway and the room cleared of obstacles and ready for new furniture to be setup in there.
For timing and scheduling reasons, our drivers and our partners’ truck drivers are not allowed to remain at the delivery location longer than a reasonable time window. A reasonable time window includes the time it takes to locate the delivery location, unload furniture from the truck, and exit premises to continue on to the next delivery. Any requests for assembly and setup services must be noted and agreed upon with appropriate labor fees paid in full prior to our scheduling of deliveries.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all furniture items will fit through all doorways, up stairwells, down halls, and around corners into the desired location. If Andrew’s Furniture is unable to deliver your furniture to the desired location, you will be charged a 20% restock fee in accordance with our return policy. For any tight fit, the driver may request that you sign a damage waiver prior to attempting delivery.
Please notify Andrew’s Furniture of any special requirements in order to complete your delivery. This includes, but is not limited to, small trucks to navigate narrow roads and driveways, restricted delivery time frames due to local ordinances, proof of insurance for high rise and condominium buildings and service elevator reservations. Orders that are cancelled or rescheduled due to special requirements not communicated prior to delivery will be charged the appropriate fees.
Your delivery date is scheduled with you at least a day before the item is ready to be shipped out.
An authorized adult must be home during your scheduled delivery window to accept and inspect your items and sign the delivery ticket. If no authorized adult is home to receive your scheduled delivery, you will be charged an additional delivery fee to reschedule the second delivery.
You are responsible for protecting your floors from damage by laying rugs, blankets, or cardboard down prior to delivery. Andrew’s Furniture will not be responsible for damage to any floors.
Our delivery personnel are not permitted to move furniture currently in your home, nor are they allowed to move or set up electrical equipment.